Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday, March 10, 2009-“Going for a Walk=Getting a Free Massage”

One thing that I haven’t commented on in a while is the food here in the Philippines.  It is described as very rich (due to Spanish influence) and very tasty… both of which are quite true.  Today was possibly one of the best meals I have had while in the Philippines and it was fairly basic.  It was green beans and onions cooked in a coconut oil and extremely good.

After lunch, I got a text from one of the Loan Officers at the branch saying that there were free massages at the Branch… she was the second person in about two hours that had mentioned this to me, I was not sure what it actually meant though.  It turns out, it was actually free massages from massage therapy student who were doing OJT… or “on the job training”… I got some pictures… and it was good.

On a side note, or a main note, whichever way you would like to think about it, I am closing in on the end of my trip and have a lot going on over the next few days.  I am not sure I will be posting anything until I get to Korea where I will be spending 12 hours in the airport… so, that being said, I just wanted to let all of you know that have appreciated all of your support and emails, they all mean a lot to me.  To everyone in the Philippines, thank you for all that you have done for me!  It has been a once-in-a-lifetime experience and it would not have been possible without all of you making it a trip of a lifetime.  Salamat (thank you)!  That being said, I still do have four full days here and I am looking forward to a great last part of my week.  I am sure I will have plenty of stories to tell once I get to Korea, but until then… keep your ears to the grindstone…

Jon… out!

No comments: