Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunday, February 15, 2009-“Day of Rest…?”

Well, the day started off normal… double Yum and fries at Jollibee… but ended very differently.  I was sitting in my office at Hina and minding my own business, getting some work done… and Sir Vivencio comes knocking at my door.  He asked me if I wanted to enjoy a drink with him and Bembooy?  I happily abliged but went to church first, of course.

We had a local Brandy at Bembooy’s mother’s restaurant and I thought the night was over… I should stop thinking for the remainder of my trip (when I am not at work, of course).  I thought I had the Filipino culture down, at least the drinking… Go out for two-beer and have an appetizer… well, I was introduced to six-beer!  Yeah, I said it… six-beer!  You get six beers (or three two-beers) and an appetizer for 280 pesos (or about $6)… it is phenomenal.  They didn’t have the calamaris so we had to get the pig intestine again… it was fantastic.  Some of my fellow co-workers joined me and Vivencio at the bar (Bembooy was grounded) and we proceeded to stay out until Richard crowed… that is my equivalent of “till the cows come home”… and kind of rythmes.

It was a rather fun evening even though there was no videoke (now I am asking for it!).  I had to present my cost analysis on Monday, so it was a bit rough, but it was worth it and I had a good time.

Also, to note, today was the first day the it hasn’t rained since I have been here… I kind of hope it rains again… it was about 95 degrees with humidity… I was sweating quite a bit (more than my typical).

No comments: